The Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the oldest and the largest department in terms of faculty, students and activities in various directions in AIET, Bhubaneswar. The reputation of being among the finest in the Orissa and country and is dedicated towards the advancement of technologyandscience.
The department combines strengths in the traditional as well as the modern. The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers Bachelor of Technology programmers in the area of ted. The department is running eight semester bachelor of Technology programmers in Mechanical Engineering .
Keeping itself up to date with the latest developments and trends in the field and with a dedicated faculty of highly qualified and experienced members in all streams of mechanical engineering, the department consistently strives to provide world class facilities for education and research. An interactive relationship is maintained between the students and staff which enable the students to develop a sound foundation in the stream in a conducive environment.
Key Resources (Laboratories)
- Hydraulic lab
- Heat Transfer lab
- ICGT lab
- Drawing lab
Department's Academic Strategy
- Lesson Planning
- Teaching Planning :
Based on student academic growth, tutorial classes are organized inthe department.
- Regular Class Assignment :
Class Surprise Test,Per week, at least one surprise class test being conducted in each subject to examine student's progress and guide for further advancement.
- Laboratory Guidance.
- Personal care of students and interactions with the guardians.
Student Development Programs
- Departmental Technical seminar.
- Technical Project Workshop.
- Encouragement to participate in national conferences organized by AICTE, BPUT, ISTE, IITs and different Universities.
- Industry Visits.
- To Participate in Tech-fest organized by different universities at national level.
- Update them with new technologies by experienced faculties.
To Wrap Up
The department plans to impart quality technical education without compromising on discipline front.