Programme Educational objectives
Programme OutcomesStudents in the Electrical Engineering programme at the time of their graduation should possess.
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
2. An ability to design and conduct experiment, as well as to analyze and interpretation of data.
3. An ability to design a system. component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
4. An ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
5. An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
6. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
7. An ability to communicate effectively and a knowledge of contemporary issues.
8. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solution in a global, economic environmental and social context.
9. Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
10. An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
HOD EE & EEE
Name: Prof. Ajit Kumar Panda
Designation: Head of the Department, EE & EEE
Message from Head of the Dept. of EE AND EEE : “Engineers are the creators of the new world”. This department is having highly qualified and motivated teaching faculties and supporting staffs working as a team for the welfare of the department and the college. With the help of all modern teaching methods and advanced laboratory facilities we train our students to excel in various fields. The students here see their dreams come true. We welcome you to be a party to this creative process. The Electrical Engineering Department leaves no stone unturned to make it a centre of excellence for learning. Hence this department is a perfect launching pad for any student to progress and prosper not only in industries but also in further pursuit of knowledge through higher studies and research.
BASIC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING LAB
• Source of electrical energy, meaning of electrical quantities and the behavior of circuit elements used in all the electrical networks. Design and analysis of AC magnetic networks.
• Principle of operation of electrical machines and different measuring instruments to measure the different electrical parameters in industrial application.
• Concept of power systems, Transmission/Distribution and utilization of Electrical energy in industrial application.
• Tubular fluorescent lamp set
• Energy meter
• Single phase induction motor
• Transformer 2.5 KVA
• Load box, single phase resistive
• Drilling machine
Electrical & Electronics Measurement Lab
• Our graduates will be able to excel in professional career by acquiring knowledge in electrical engineering principles
• Our graduates will be able to use their skills with a strong base to prepare them for higher studies and research
• Our graduates will be able to establish themselves as practicing professionals in electrical engineering or sustain a life -long career in related area
• LCR Q-Bridge
• Schering Bridge
• Anderson Bridge
• Spectrum analyzer
Control System Lab
• To help the students understand and practice the modeling, simulation and implementation of a physical dynamical system.
• To motivate the students to practices which includes the use of control design strategies for improving manufacturing process the efficiency of energy use advance automobile control, including rapid transit, among others
• Students will demonstrate the ability to interest and communicate effectively with peers in the group.
• DC position control system, P,PI,PID control system, Relay control system, Temperature control system, CRO
Electric Drives Lab
• Describe the structure of Electric Drive systems and their role in various applications such as flexible production systems, energy conservation, renewable energy, transportation etc., making Electric Drives an enabling technology.
• Understand basic requirements placed by mechanical systems on electric drives.
• Review phasors and three-phase electric circuits.
• Understand the basic principles of power electronics in drives using switch-mode converters and pulse width modulation to synthesize the voltages in dc and ac motor drives.
• Understand the basic concepts of magnetic circuits as applied to electric machines.
• SINGLE PHASE FULL WAVE CONTROLLED RECTIFIER
• THREE PHASE FULL WAVE CONTROLLED RECTIFIER
• SINGLE PHASE DUAL CONVERTER
• THREE PHASE SQUIRELL CAGE INDUCTION MOTOR
• MOTRO-GENERATOR SET
Electrical Machine Lab
• Information to supplement to the Electric Machines.
• The ability to conduct testing and experimental procedures on different types of electrical machines.
• A chance to practice different types of wiring and devices connections.
• The capability to analyze the operation of electric machines under different loading conditions
• DC Shunt Motor(5 H.P),Single Phase Induction Motor (5 H.P)
• DC Shunt Motor - 3 Phase Alternator Set(5 H.P, 17 AMP)
• Slip Ring-Squirrel Cage Induction Motor (5 H.P)
• Synchronous Motor-DC Shunt Motor Set (5 H.P)
Network Device Lab
• To enable students to gain skills in using basic laboratory equipments such as meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes.
• To make the students aware of the limits of the operation of components & equipments.
• To verify some of the concepts presented in the co requisite course either EEL 3111 or EEL 3003.
• To give the students self-confidence in electrical laboratories.
• Linking of the circuit theory with practice.
• It is very important to motivate the students for learning theory and to encourage them to use this theory knowledge in practical activities.
• To give a fundamental understanding on basic electrical circuit laws in mathematical way.
• Experimentally obtain the load characteristics, starting current and starting torque of a squirrel-cage induction motor and to derive circuit parameters from no-load and blocked-rotor tests.
• Measuring equipments like multimeter,voltemeter,ametter,wattmeter etc.
• Signal sources,CRO,Function Generator,Filter circuit,Variac,Rheostat,Transient kiit,Transformer etc.
Power Electronics Lab
• To introduce basic Topology of Power switching Circuits.
• Introduce Hardware used in Power Electronics switching circuit and Power Conditioning System
• SCR,TRIAC,DIAC,MOSFET CHARACTERISTICS STUDY UNIT
• THREE PHASE CONTROLLED RECTIFIER POWER CIRCUIT
• THYRISTOR FORCED COMMUTATION TRAINER KIT
• R,R-C & UJT FIRING MODULE
Machine Design & Simulation Lab
• To learn about the major components of MATLAB environment.
• To simulate a dynamic system represented in block diagram form and observe the result of simulation.
• To obtain time response of dynamic system for different types of test input.
• To obtain frequency response of dynamic system.
• To design the transformer using MATLAB.
Power System Lab
• To allow students to practically verify several concepts and procedures learned in power system modelling analysis.
• To carry out system studies using state of the art power system analysis software to access system operation in steady state and under faulted condition.
• Fault analysis of 3- phase alternator.
• IDMT characteristic of over current relay.
• Characteristics of percentage biased of static/electromagnetic differential relay.
Project & Research Lab
• To develop specialized manpower for electrical power and energy industry.
• To enhance analytical skills so as to enable to solve complex industrial problems.
• To augment the studentsâ€™ capacity in pursuing research in emerging areas of power system.
• To improve studentsâ€™ perspective towards environmental issues by sensitizing and building the awareness of green technologies.
• To inculcate the culture of research oriented projects with state-of-art facility laboratories in power system.
• Understand the importance of financial aspects in power system infrastructure development.
• Appreciate the impact of industrial activities on global warming and finding the sustainable technical solutions.
• DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF SPEED CONTROL OF PMDC MOTOR USING PWM/SPWM TECHNIQUE
• STUDY OF PWM BASED SINGLE PHASE AC INDUCTION MOTOR WITH CLOSE LOOP CONTROLLER
• SPEED CONTROL OF AC MOTOR USING SCR/ TRIAC AC VOLTAGE REGULATOR
• MULTI SPEED & BI-DIRECTIONAL STEPPER MOTOR DRIVE
• MICROCONTROLLER BASED SINGLE PHASE CYCLO-CONVERTER
• THREE PHASE INVERTER DESIGN 120 DEGREE AND 180 DEGREE MODE
• STANDALONE PV SYSTEM
• POWER FACTOR CORRECTION USING BOOST CONVERTER
• SLIDING MODE CONTROLLER DESIGN AND SPEED CONTROL OF DC MOTOR
• SUN TRACKING SOLAR SYSTEM DESIGN