About CIVIL Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering has been in existence since 2009 with the inception of the college with an initial intake capacity of 60 and is producing high quality technical manpower needed by State/Central Government, industry, R&D organizations, and academic institutions. The intake capacity was enhanced to 120 in the year 2014.The Department has full-fledged faculty members who are specialized in the fields of Surveying, Planning, Design, Construction, Operation and Maintenance. Modern Laboratories are established in the department for providing skill oriented Hands–on training to the Civil students while studying. Periodic industry trips and visits to various project sites are being arranged. Special guest lectures and seminars are held on a frequent basis with an aim to enhance student’s knowledge in particular areas of interest and trying hard to transform them of even mild talent to professionals in the civil and structural field. Already more than 550nos of alumni have been produced so far, placed in different Government, private, Public & other sectors and some of them have pursued higher studies.
To become a leader in civil engineering in the state of Odisha and India by imparting and focusing on practical and project based learning at affordable costs to generate skilled Civil engineers with an ethical and sustainable development eco-system approach to serve the society in large.
1. To impart the changing and upto date technical knowledge to students.
2. To train the students focusing on practical and project based learning.
3. To inculcate professional and socio-economical ethics among civil students.
4. To guide the students for self motivated entrepreneurship ambitions with confidence and responsibility.
5. To interface with global needs of Structural, Geotechnical, transportation, Environmental and water resources engineering blended knowledge to accommodate the technological trend
As infrastructural development in India is going fast, it needs huge numbers of Civil Engineers to play leading role in national building, transportation and so on. The department has all kinds of labs, workshops and software labs as prescribed by the University in order to cater the needs of each students of civil engineering. The Department of Civil Engineering with its emerging faculty maintains strong links with the infrastructural industry and academic. Our department offers undergraduate course (B.Tech) and post graduate course (M.Tech) in structural Engineering.
1.To impart to the students knowledge of contemporary science and Civil engineering related subjects
2. To enhance student’s analytical skills for decision making.
3. To provide opportunity to the students to expand their horizon beyond Civil engineering.
4. To prepare the students to take-up career in different industries or to pursue higher studies in Civil and interdisciplinary programs.
5. To create awareness amongst the students towards social, environmental and energy related issues.
6. To introduce the students to the professionalism and effective communication skills.
1. Apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
2. Design and analyze a system component, or process to meet desired needs in civil Engineering.
3. Design a system and conduct experiments to find suitable solution in the field of Civil engineering.
4. Identify, visualize, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of civil Engineering.
5. Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice with appropriate considerations for societal, and environmental constraints.
6. Apply their fundamental field skills towards the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on the society in a global and social context.
7. Impart knowledge of contemporary issues about society and environment.
8. Apply ethical principles and responsibilities during professional practice.
9. Function on multi disciplinary teams as a team member/leader and create user friendly environment.
10. Communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal, team, and group environments.
11. Apply the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering projects.
12. Recognize the need for professional advancement by engaging in lifelong learning.
The Civil engineering program is designed to train the students for continuous and motivated learning to understand the critical aspects of Civil and the latest trend of Construction area for successful career in industry, academic, government and /or entrepreneurship.
The alumni members are expected to:
1. Apply their branch knowledge, skills and critical thinking and solution oriented skills in engineering field or business.
2. To strive for continual intellectual development through Modern Learning Programs and courses.
3. To contribute to the upliftment and sustainable socio-economic needs of the country and the green earth.
LABORATORIES / FACILITIES
1. Material Testing lab
2. Survey lab
3. Hydraulic lab
4. Concrete and Structural Engineering Lab
5. Geotechnical Lab
6. Advanced Mechanics of Solid Lab
7. Transportation lab
8.Environmental Engineering Lab
9. Civil Project
10. Civil Software Lab
11. Faculty Members
12. Workshop & Seminar