The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering has been in existence since 2009 with the inception of the college with an initial intake capacity of 60 and is producing high quality technical manpower needed by State/Central Government, industry, R&D organizations, and academic institutions. The intake capacity was reduced to 30 in the year 2018.The Department has full-fledged faculty members who are specialized in the fields of Communication System Engineering, VLSI Design, Embedded System Design, Satellite communication, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mobile Communication Engineering etc . Modern Laboratories are established in the department for providing skill oriented Hands–on training to the Electronics & Communication Engineering students while studying. Periodic industry trips and visits to various project sites are being arranged. Special guest lectures and seminars are held on a frequent basis with an aim to enhance student’s knowledge in particular areas of interest and trying hard to transform them of even mild talent to professionals in their field. Already more than 450nos of alumni have been produced so far, placed in different Government, private, Public & other sectors and some of them have pursued higher studies.
To become a leader in the field of Electronics & Communication engineering in the state of Odisha by imparting and focusing on practical and project based learning at affordable costs to generate skilled Electronics & Communication engineers with an ethical and sustainable development eco-system approach to serve the society in large.
1. To impart the changing and upto date technical knowledge to students.
2. To train the students focusing on practical and project based learning.
3. To inculcate professional and socio-economical ethics among Electronics & Communication students.
4. To guide the students for self motivated entrepreneurship ambitions with confidence and responsibility.
5. To interface with global needs of VLSI Design, Embedded System Design, Satellite Communication and Artificial Intelligence blended knowledge to accommodate the technological trend
As Digitization in every field in India is going fast, it needs huge numbers of Electronics & Communication Engineers to play leading role in national building. The department has all kinds of labs, workshops and software labs as prescribed by the University in order to cater the needs of each students of Electronics & Communication engineering. The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering with its emerging faculty maintains strong links with the Electronics industry and academic. I wish all the best
1. To impart student’s knowledge of contemporary science and Electronics & Communication engineering related subject.
2. To enhance student’s analytical skills for decision making.
3. To provide opportunity to the students to expand their horizon beyond Electronics & Communication engineering.
4. To prepare the students to take-up career in different industries or to pursue higher studies in Electronics & Communication and interdisciplinary programs.
5. To create awareness amongst the students towards social, environmental and energy related issues.
6. To introduce the students to the professionalism and effective communication skills.
1. Apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
2. Design and analyze a system component, or process to meet desired needs in Electronics & Communication Engineering.
3. Design a system and conduct experiments to find suitable solution in the field of Electronics & Communication engineering.
4. Identify, visualize, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
5. Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice with appropriate considerations for societal, and environmental constraints.
6. Apply their fundamental field skills towards the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on the society in a global and social context.
7. Impart knowledge of contemporary issues about society and environment.
8. Apply ethical principles and responsibilities during professional practice.
9. Function on multi disciplinary teams as a team member/leader and create user friendly environment.
10. Communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal, team, and group environments.
11. Apply the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering projects.
12. Recognize the need for professional advancement by engaging in lifelong learning.
The Electronics & Communication engineering program is designed to train the students for continuous and motivated learning to understand the critical aspects of Electronics & Communication and the latest trend of Artificial Intelligence area for successful career in industry, academic, government and /or entrepreneurship.
The alumni members are expected to:
1. Apply their branch knowledge, skills and critical thinking and solution oriented skills in engineering field or business.
2. To strive for continual intellectual development through Modern Learning Programs and courses.
3. To contribute to the upliftment and sustainable socio-economic needs of the country and the green earth.
LABORATORIES / FACILITIES
1. Digital signal processing lab
2. VLSI lab
3. Radar & TV lab
4. Communication Engineering Lab
5. Analog Electronics Lab
6. Digital Electronics Lab
7. High Frequency lab
8. Mobile Computing Lab
9. Mobile Communication Lab.
10. MAT Lab
11. Basic Electronics Lab
14.Communication System Lab
15.Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab
16.Control System Enginnering Lab
17.Power Electronics lab