The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been in existence since 2009 with the inception of the college with an initial intake capacity of 60 and is producing high quality technical manpower needed by industry, R&D organizations, and academic institutions. The intake capacity was enhanced to 120 in the year 2011.The Department boasts of faculty those are specialized in the fields of design, thermal, production and CAD/CAM. Laboratories are fully equipped to enhance the knowledge of the student, periodic industry trips and visits to various project sites are arranged. Special lectures and seminars are held on a frequent basis to assist them tailor in their particular areas of interest. Special guest lectures and seminars are held on a frequent basis to help them tailor in their particular areas of interest, the department & trives hard to transform students of even mild talent to professionals in the mechanical and mechatronics field.
To establish as a cherished mechanical engineering program in the state of Odisha by imparting and focusing on practical and project based learning at affordable costs to generate skilled mechanical engineers with an ethical and sustainable development eco-system approach to serve the society in large.
1. TO impart the changing and upto date mechanical knowledge to students.
2. To train the students focusing on practical and project based learning.
3. To inculcate professional and socio-economical ethics among mechanical students.
4. To guide the students for self motivated entrepreneurship ambitions with confidence and responsibility.
5. To interface with global needs of Mechatronics and Artificial Intelligence blended knowledge to accommodate the technological trend.
1.To impart to the students knowledge of contemporary science and mechanical
engineering related subjects
2. To enhance analytical skills of the students for decision making.
3. To provide opportunity to the students to expand their horizon beyond mechanical engineering.
4. To prepare the students to take-up career in different industries or to pursue higher studies in mechanical and interdisciplinary programs.
5. To create awareness amongst the students towards social, environmental and energy related issues.
6. To introduce the students to the professionalism and effective communication skills.
1. Apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
2. Design and analyze a system component, or process to meet desired needs in Mechanical Engineering.
3. Design a system and conduct experiments to find suitable solution in the field of mechanical engineering.
4. Identify, visualize, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of mechanical Engineering.
5. Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice with appropriate considerations for societal, and environmental constraints.
6. Apply their fundamental field skills towards the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on the society in a global and social context.
7. Impart knowledge of contemporary issues about society and environment.
8. Apply ethical principles and responsibilities during professional practice.
9. Function on multi disciplinary teams as a team member/leader and create user friendly environment.
10. Communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal, team, and group environments.
11. Apply the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering projects.
12. Recognize the need for professional advancement by engaging in lifelong learning.
The mechanical engineering program is designed to train the students for continuous and motivated learning to understand the critical aspects of mechanical and the latest trend of mechatronics area for successful career in industry, academic, government and /or entrepreneurship.
The alumni members are expected to:
1. Apply their branch knowledge, skills and critical thinking and solution oriented skills in engineering field or business.
2. To strive for continual intellectual development through Modern Learning Programs and courses.
3. To contribute to the upliftment and sustainable socio-economic needs of the country and the green earth.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2009 with an initial intake of 30 students in UG programme and enhanced its intake to 120 in the year 1994. In 1998, the department started a PG programme in Mechanical Engineering with an intake of 18 students. Presently the department has two PG programs M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with in-take of 30 and 18 students respectively.
Department of Mechanical Engineering offers three programs that are affiliated to VTU - Belgaum and recognized by AICTE:
I started my professional journey at a very infant stage at the age of 18 by joining Indian Air Force in technical stream. I was involved in rotary wing aircraft's operation and maintenance specialized in airframe structures,hydraulic,pneumatic ,undercarriage and power transmission systems. In the span of 20 years in aviation field,I worked as Quality Assurance Inspector for almost 5 years and was associated with quality audit, quality management and inspection of avionics stores and equipments. Being in service I completed my B.E from The Institution of Engineers of India and then M. Tech in Specialisation CAD/CAM from Motilal Nehru National Technology,Allahabad,India. After release from Air Force, I joined teaching profession and started my career in C.V. Raman college of engineering,an autonomous institute under UGC, India.Thereafter, I completed my Ph. D from KIIT university,India in 2018.My research area of interest are sustainable manufacturing,green EDM,composite materials,robotics etc.
In today’s rapid-changing world with ever-growing and multiple challenges of availability of resources combined with the menace of rapid climate changes, new generation of mechanical engineers nurtured with necessary skills and innovative ideas are needed for sustainable development of the society at large.It is our perseverance and promise to provide our students the necessary skills with a cheerful, productive and satisfying experience at every sub levels of their programme of studies so that they can explore the amazing world of Mechanical Engineering.
Our dedicated faculty tries to disseminate amongst the students the latest developments in Applied Mechanics & Design, Dynamics & Control, Thermo-fluids & Processes, Energy, Materials & Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics.
Welcome to this world of machines.and power transformation.
Dr. BIRANCHI PRASAD MISHRA